View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, you are beyond awesome!

O2 check as a simple clamp on the finger? If so, then yes, 94%. That along with the rest of vitals (BP and temp) is all the tests they did. ER doctor asked me what I wanted him to do and really, I couldn't tell him. "Well, I guess we can give you fluids... Do you want fluids?" Was the only contact I really got.

Good news - I just got a good sized windfall. That cashiers check was a small portion of it and 'good-sized' means I could live on it for a year if I had to with no other income. We're looking for a small apartment as we speak, with all the comforts of home - you know, like electricity, running water and AC.

I will tell you though, I've got a social worker with the state and have contacted rural resources multiple times. This month I finally (after applying 14 months ago) was accepted for (and received) a $189/month cash allowance that they'll be taking out of my social security award when that comes. Other than that, they've not been able or willing to help. I get a lot of, "I'm sorry, but we've no funds to help."

I'm sure if I die, someone within the agencies with 20/20 hindsight will know what I did wrong, but I haven't been able to make any progress.

Again (and again) I can't tell you how grateful I am for your willingness to inform and help. I have an appointment with my PCP on Wednesday and I'm going to find a way to print this out for him before I go.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-21-2014)