View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angell View Post
I realize that this topic might be a bit controversial, though that is not my intention. There just are very few places that I could discuss such a thing...

Like most of us here, I found this place as a result of disease. It is serious, painful and potentially deadly. I am at peace with my diagnosis's and believe wholeheartedly that this is the result of me turning my will and life over to the care of my understanding of a Higher Power.

"Use me as you see fit; for whatever purpose you have," was my wish. And I see reasons unfolding continuously. I see spiritual gifts that my wonderful wife and father have learned as they struggle to come to grips with this - lessons they struggled with, but now, with my life hanging in the balance as a motivating force, they've risen to the challenge.

Perhaps, it has occurred to me, that lessons learned this might be lifted from me one day - but honestly, I don't care. It's not my life anymore - I gave it away happily and I don't want it back. I'm happier today than I've ever been and the joy keeps growing. I have a greater purpose today than any I've ever enjoyed.

Am I alone?

I guess for me, it was the acceptance of my 24/7 pain as well as being on narcotic meds for the rest of my life that helped turn the negative into more positives. I pray daily to cope and accept what God permits to happen to me.

I do admit I still go thru times when I am getting down. I try not to dwell on what I can no longer do. I realize for the sake of myself and family I need to try the best I can to make the most of each day.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angell (07-21-2014), anon1028 (07-21-2014), eva5667faliure (07-28-2014)