View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 02:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angell View Post
I find the comments in this thread strange. As if some have a vested interest in my not acquiring SSI. That is your right; perhaps we have different politics/morals/values/beliefs...

But to form an opinion that I shouldn't get disability because I am able to push myself beyond good sense or doctors orders is, in my opinion, unfair.
The point I wanted to make is that no one here can really predict how this will impact the disability decision. Again, I think a valid argument can be made that since you had never written a book before, actually making some money for a one-time effort is not definitive proof that you can do this on a sustained basis. So it would require the totality of evidence for someone to make a decision and the only person whose opinion matters is the ALJ.

Have you also applied for service connected disability benefits with the VA?

I don't intend to minimize the effects of your POW experience, but if you still managed to drag yourself to work every day and do the job you were paid to do, SSA would not have found you disabled back then. Some people are more stoic than others, have stronger mental fortitude than others. We all handle adversity differently. I commend you for pushing through as long as you did and thank your for your service to our country.

I too am curious about this book, but you probably shouldn't tell us anything more until after your disability hearing. This is not the time or place.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angell (07-23-2014)