View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 04:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
Did the nerve tests, everything came out normal, wasn't painful, just unpleasant. Since my pain in bilateral, he just tested the right arm and leg. I knew right away that the nerve conduction was normal, as I could feel the current race up the arm. This doesn't rule out Herditary sensory neuropathy, he said that a lot of times you don't get the large fiber involvement until later in the game.
So I scheduled a punch biopsy for SFN, only have to wait another 2 months for the appointment. I told him, I first called his office in March, and now my third appointment is Octouber! He said that they were starting to look like the VA with hidden patient lists... I guess it will just get worse, as the number of doctors are shrinking.
He mentioned that companies are now mapping the whole DNA for $1,000, he didn't know how the companies that charge for each strand will stay in business, probably won't. That is a much better price then $12,000! They are doing the studies with computers, so the price should come down.
Congratulations for a good result.
peralta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote