View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 4 3/4 Months in...

Well, here I am coming up to 5 months in 7 days time. Like most here my recovery is progressing slowly, but it's progressing so that's good. This last month I've felt more my self and for periods recently perfectly normal.

Sometimes I forget how bad I was. In the first two months I must have got all the symptoms on the check-list. High anxiety, vertigo, nausea, fatigue, tinnitus, fast pulse, insomnia, weird feelings in the head. Now I'm left with the tinnitus which isn't as bad as it was and the broken sleep which is proving the most stubborn to resolve.

The sleep issue may have been made worse by the fact I used an OTC sleep med for about 3 months, namely diphenhydramine, way longer than I should. I stopped taking it completely a month ago because it stopped working and I'd just developed a psychological dependency on it. Apparently diphenhydramine works similar to benzodiazepines so can take 1-2 months before your brain rebalances itself after stopping taking it, as if my poor brain hasn't enough to deal with. What a roller coaster ride PCS is!
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote