View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims70 View Post
One month, two days post Boston Scientific Precision Spectra spinal cord stimulator implant, I had already on two occassions seriously misplaced the remote.
I am the typical old widow woman who lives alone by circumstance, so there is no, "Hey honey, have you seen the remote". I obviouly need a spare. Also a spare charged-up disc charger to take on trips (hopefully someday) would be convenient. I'm thinking a couple of hundred bucks for each, right? Maybe even five hundred dollars for the remote. I am already mentally budgeting the cost.
So, I called the Boston Scientific (BS<--unfortunately choice of letters) rep who gave me the BS company number and was then provided a third party number. A pleasant woman told me that yes I could order a spare remote and a spare charger. Now I am reallly reallly excited!! Politely she says "I don't know how rich you are but the remote is two thousand dollars and the charger, not including the charging station is three thousand five hundred dollars."
Alrighty then, at least I know that owning a spare is possible.
Whoa, that is really pricey!!!!! I'm sure the Nevro rep mentioned a figure that was hundreds, not thousands for a replacement remote. I hardly use mine as the unit is on 24/7 and generally doesn't need touching.

Phil
Rimbanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (07-25-2014), PamelaJune (07-23-2014), Rrae (07-28-2014)