Thread: symptoms?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry you are having issues. I hope you get a diagnosis soon and on the right treatment plan.

My main symptom is also sensitivity as well as severe pain. I am unable to touch my left leg without getting really bad pain. For nearly 2 years I was totally unable to wear any shoes or socks. The sensitivity gradually reduced (although it isn't all gone) by desensitising my food. Sounds strange put I stroked it with feathers and soft objects. It was part of my PT sessions but I also had to do it at home. It was TORTURE but I'm now unable to just about tolerate footwear. Desensitisation may be something you want to look into whilst awaiting a diagnosis.

Other symptoms for me include colour changes (affected limbs go blue, red etc), swelling, excess sweating in affected limbs, tremors and muscle spasms and also increase hair and nail growth on affected limbs. I also suffer from dystonia which can be a symptom of RSD - my leg rotates to the side and stays like that permanently.

Keep pushing at your doctors for a diagnosis. I know its hard but the sooner you are diagnosed the better and if it is RSD, the quicker its diagnosed the more chance you have of going into remission.

Also, try and keep mobile as much as possible. I KNOW its hard when in so much pain but it is important. My doc always told me 'use it or lose it'. Build up to what you can tolerate. There is a fine line between doing too much and too little.

Let us know how you get on. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Winter7 (07-23-2014)