View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post

oh you may have missed this question by Janke-
[Have you also applied for service connected disability benefits with the VA?]
I'm sorry Jo*mar (and Janke) sometimes this double vision byproduct makes reading challenging. (except when my wife writes me a love letter - then it's more fun with double vision!)

No, I haven't. A variety of reasons really...none of which translate well. But my primary disability at this point is one which there is no known cause and so it would be nearly impossible to make a service connection. Too, asking for help is something that I am new at - and frankly, I'm not very good at it. I'm getting help in so many area's of my life right now (and I can't go through the process without help), that one more thing is more than my plate or psyche can manage right now without doing irreparable damage to my sense of self - if that makes any sense.

@Skyking... I was taken aback and responded pretty unskillfully; forgive me for that. Your responses have probably done more to prepare me for the hearing than anyone. Sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve - and I probably need to re-don my emotional combat fatigues before I walk into that hearing. You've helped me to see that and I sincerely thank you for that.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-23-2014)