View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Interesting... I'll have to look into the vitamins. Years and years ago, way before the brain injury, my husband was told to avoid B vitamins because, at the time, his doctor felt that they would have a negative impact on his moods. Now I wonder if that doctor had any idea what he was talking about. Over the course of my life, I am finding myself constantly questioning medical advice... We are also vegetarian, and I am extremely conscious of making sure that my husband gets protein. Caffeine and alcohol are the two things I have a hard time getting him to cut out. When he first came home, I bought him decaf, as per his therapists instructions... at the time, he didn't know the difference. I could put it in the coffee container and grind it up espresso style and he didn't know the difference. No fooling him now, though... no matter how much I tell him caffeine and alcohol will harm his recovery, he thinks the doctors are being over dramatic. It doesn't help that the doctors really left him for dead and wanted to send him to hospice before he came out of his coma... so it's easy for him to say "the doctors don't always know best..."
SnowWhite99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote