View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina22 View Post
Dear KnockedOutMom,

I feel for you. I used to own a small business. But after my 2011 metal rail concussion I lost it. I loved what I was doing (in fact, it's been 3 years and I still get phone calls on my cell regarding my services from time to time). However, I can't do that anymore and chances are that I'll never be able to. Now, I'm a fat homemaker (gained 30lb) with very limited abilities. Well, life goes on.

I can't tell you anything optimistic. Read my signature - I was at the completely sympton-free stage and then a nasty fracture, surgery followed by a very minor bump - and all of my symptoms are back. I'm still suffering with almost no improvement.

What helps: vitamins (my life savers!), trying to stay optimistic, my extremely supportive PCP, family and my cat, light exercises, volunteering in my kids school, this forum, meditation, brain-friendly activities (like adult coloring books or crafts), healthy diet, Excedrin for headaches , celexa for depression, staying organized and trying to follow the same routine every day, so I won't forget anything.

What doesn't help: acupuncture, my neurologist, fake friends who disappeared from my life because I wasn't the same person anymore, trying to be tough and push through the symptoms, Amitriptyline for headaches(this is personally for me) - made me wanna kill myself, thought that I will recover 100% again and will run my business.

I don't know if this will help you! I wish you a complete recovery!
Marina
I have had many head bumps since my first accident, the most recent was a couple weeks ago getting in my car. It took me a couple minutes before I could move. I usually always walk into door frames when I am coming out of rooms, my left arm is always bruised! I was never a klutz before, but I sure am one now. I can't seem to do anything without bumping something!!
KnockedOutMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote