View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
1 Long ago I was hospitalized in a weird set of circumstances (as it is most times probably) over a holiday weekend which was was about 4 or 5 nights.
That was life altering.
Certainly enough to make one very fearful and willing to put forth enormous effort to avoid a repeat.

Quote:
2. Around that time, I had two or three bad enough encounters with cops.
These also changed my world view
Well, I don't know what happened, but I'll say this. Cops are trained to come off tough. They need to be assertive. It is their job to bark up a storm specifically to avoid biting. The fact that yoou weere scared shows that you are not a criminal, LOL.

Quote:
that there are many moments in any given week when one could be on the wrong side of a cop's temperament or
This is certainly possible, but I don't think it's healthy to worry about it or take steps to prevent it any more than we worry about, say, being in a car accident, or being assaulted. Taking reasonable precautions is ok, but the bottom line is that it isn't something you control: it's about somebody else behaving badly.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-24-2014), Brokenfriend (07-24-2014), Dmom3005 (07-24-2014), mymorgy (07-24-2014)