View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Certainly enough to make one very fearful and willing to put forth enormous effort to avoid a repeat.

Well, I don't know what happened, but I'll say this. Cops are trained to come off tough. They need to be assertive. It is their job to bark up a storm specifically to avoid biting. The fact that yoou weere scared shows that you are not a criminal, LOL.

This is certainly possible, but I don't think it's healthy to worry about it or take steps to prevent it any more than we worry about, say, being in a car accident, or being assaulted. Taking reasonable precautions is ok, but the bottom line is that it isn't something you control: it's about somebody else behaving badly.
waves
Few of them are properly trained in how to handle mental health issues and I have no doubt that our jails (w/ the largest jailed population in the world) are crammed full of the MI.

Of course I am not a criminal. I do not break laws.

But many times when I am at work or out in public I am holding every thing together --- feeling like an imposter--- could lose it completely,

My anxiety is so strong and barely medicated that I could easily let go
Of what holds me back.
Somedays almost every minute of my work days feels one half second away from revealing that I am crazy. I have developed coping/ covering mechanisms of course.
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (07-24-2014), bizi (07-24-2014), Brokenfriend (07-24-2014), Dmom3005 (07-24-2014), mymorgy (07-24-2014), waves (07-24-2014)