View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Few of them are properly trained in how to handle mental health issues and I have no doubt that our jails (w/ the largest jailed population in the world) are crammed full of the MI.

Of course I am not a criminal. I do not break laws.

But many times when I am at work or out in public I am holding every thing together --- feeling like an imposter--- could lose it completely,

My anxiety is so strong and barely medicated that I could easily let go
Of what holds me back.
Somedays almost every minute of my work days feels one half second away from revealing that I am crazy. I have developed coping/ covering mechanisms of course.
I am sorry you live with this fear, Mari. It sounds like you are afraid of a dam bursting.

I think you are in less danger of being put away than your fear would have you believe, even with untrained cops and whatnot. But only you know what is behind that dam. I do not.

I also understand that fear isn't rational and cannot be convinced. I am glad you have figured out coping mechanisms. Theoretically, we get better and better at coping as we get older.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-24-2014), Brokenfriend (07-24-2014), Dmom3005 (07-24-2014), mymorgy (07-24-2014)