View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
He said in a few cases of hereditary sensory neuropathy, my dad didn't have large fiber involment until he was in his 60's. I have excellent balance, so that kind cancelled out the CMT Dx, but the other symptoms are there, high arches, and calf cramping. This has been a 30+ years with PN pain, so it is progressing slowly, what ever the type. Interesting there are only two families to date, that had a hereditary sensory neuropathy and had burning feet, as the main symptom, maybe there is one more family? As far as childhood coordination problems, they usually picked the fat kid before me when we were choosing teams for baseball... Part of the problem was there wasn't enough lefty mitts, but I think it was a coordination problem.
As far as having high arches - you can have high arches, normal or flat feet. Lots of people have that who do not have CMT. So that isn't always a sign of CMT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote