Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

5 weeks since the last update. Things have really slowed in terms of my day to day symptom changes so there hasn't really been a reason to do weekly updates at this point.

Good news is I have not regressed since the beginning of June. I might even be able to say that I've had very slight improvement, but it's more likely it's just the same. I have good days and bad days still, but my pain has been limited to feet aches, "walking on rocks", general parenthesis, and very occasional lightning pain. Burning pain is nearly gone. I've been getting itchiness in and around my ankles a day or two a week, but not sure how that's related.

I still feel an overall improvement in sensation normalcy in my feet since the beginning of the year. Seems to be best after being off my feet awhile, and gets worse with extended time on my feet, and especially after showering. It's as if carpet begins feeling like "steel wool" when walking barefoot. Very unpleasant but tolerable.

The biggest breakthrough has been at work. For the past 3 weeks I have been able to upgrade from tennis shoes to work boots. Beginning in January I couldn't wear my work boots for longer than a few minutes so I switched to tennis shoes as a substitute. Recently I tried wearing the boots again just to see how they felt on my feet and they have actually been relatively tolerable. This might have been the case sooner, it just happens that 3 weeks ago is the first time I dared to try.

Some days I can be on my feet a few hours and other days I'm in pain after a few minutes. Haven't pinpointed and exact reason for this other than luck of the draw for that particular day.

So I'll continue to emphasize that I'm significantly better than I was in January-March but probably only slightly better than I was mid April-Today. Things have become somewhat tolerable and I've continued to adapt my lifestyle, but I'm still hoping to get back to "normal" someday.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (07-28-2014), echoes long ago (07-24-2014), glenntaj (07-25-2014), hopeful (07-24-2014), Joe Duffer (07-24-2014), Pixel22 (07-24-2014)