View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sfn

[QUOTE=joecarver;1084732]Marie I take 150 benfotiamine and 150 r-lipolic stabilized a day. On Lyrica I had periods of brain fog where I felt mentaly numb , periods of depression and sudden attacks of fatigue. I wanted it to work so badly I stayed on it too long and had a terrible time with withdrawl. I was told by neuros at Mayo Clinic it was SFN. When I asked my rhumotoligst about supplements he , said some people they seem to help, they aren't going to hurt you , so give them a try. I have reduced pain with them for sure. good luck

Joe, Thanks for your quick response! I really wanted lyrica to work too. I have been taking 350 mgs of lyrica for 18 mos now. I'm thinking of going off them bc they don't seem to be working. I guess I wont know unless I cut back. I know it will be a very slow taper. I am deathly afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. How long was "too long" for you. Are you off of Lyrica completely? You have SFN, do you take some kind of med for your pain? I take the same amount of Benfotiamine. 150 mgs of RLA would be to strong for me. Are you diabetic? I know these supplements help with Diabetic neuropathy. Mine is Idiopathic, came out of the blue, I am otherwise healthy..very painful and frustrating..mine was Dx by punch skin biopsy. Take care!
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote