View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
When kids come over to play at our house and are rummaging for baseball mitts the problem is too many lefty mitts!
Two of my three biological children are left handed, so we have them in all sizes.
I was reading and writing well before school started, and was left handed, but in those days they switched you if they could. Result- abysmal handwriting and a hard wired inability to tell right from left.
I did not have the burning feet until late in the game, about 47, but I did have leg pain, high arches, weak, skinny ankles, restless legs, and an odd gait all along.
I have the neuromuscular issues from the CMT, but I suspect the SFN causes it's own pain apart from the muscle pain and spasms. I would be completely non-functional without pain relief. I am slowly getting there with it and I can see the time in the near future when the pain meds won't make much difference. Stairs and ramps are my nemesis. I can barely lift my feet.
That's funny, to many lefty mitts, kind of the sign of the times... When I was in school, They really looked down on left handers, our left palm would always be either covered in granite from the pencil from ink for the pen!
I haven't found anything to subdue the burning pain, opiates, gabapentin and lyrica don't do diddly...
I had a lot of ankle problems, with multiple sprains, but they seem okay now, so it might not be related... Sorry to hear you are having so much pain.
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote