View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
As far as having high arches - you can have high arches, normal or flat feet. Lots of people have that who do not have CMT. So that isn't always a sign of CMT.
This is true, but my father had arches so high, it was more of a deformity, couple that with the hammer toes, and it was difficult for him to put on shoes. Also with large fiber involvement, and loss of feeling in his legs was a good indicator. I don't think he was DNA tested, but he had a Dx of CMT. I remember him explaining the findings, and telling me that people with high arches had nerve problems, I pondered this for years, as it seemed like such a weird connection, then when I finely got a chance on the Internet to look it up, it made Sence.
As far as my high arches, they are not as pronounced, and I only hav. Slight hammer toe. Actually I wish the doctor would say, "oh it is just gluten" and be done with it, and the pain would go away. I would even become a vegan if the pain would jus go away...If it is CMT, it hasn't effected my balance, or gait. My mother has burning feet, so maybe it is something she passed along. I wonder if you can inherit mutations in the genes form both sides of the family? That would mess with the poor neuros head! So I am hoping it is not CMT, just want a Dx so I know what is in store for me in the future... SFN would be bad enough, or I should say IS bad enough...
But you are right...
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote