View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I know a gal who has CMT and also her brother. She is worse off. They never could figure out who they inherited it from or how else. Their mother was fine and so was their Dad. However, when their Dad got to be 80 years old he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. After a bit they checked further and found that he had CMT and not Parkinson's. So he was misdiagnosed. The gal and her brother had their problem solved. They now knew how they got CMT.

CMT symptoms can become evident when you are young, old, or in-between. Or they may never be that evident. People are misdiagnosed to this day. Symptoms of CMT did not come along til later in my life. But when they did, I knew what I was going to be dealing with from family history. I did not have that many noticeable symptoms at that time. No balance or gait problems then either. Symptoms vary greatly even within the same family.

As far as your balance and your gait not being affected, that can come along later. Can you stand on your tiptoes and/or your heels? Hope you find an answer soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 07-25-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jon_sparky (07-25-2014)