View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
For those not aware of it, there are online sites (including Amazon) that purport to sell "legal" high CBD hemp oil and some even have "legal" smokable bud. Keep in mind that "legal" really just means no government agency has shut them down yet. Online poker sites used to claim they were all legal until the Feds shut them down.

I am going to order some and try it to see if I get the same benefit as mj without the high.

When you see the prices these places charge ($45 or more for 200 mg of CBD) you may be in shock. Keep in mind that if you smoked 1 gram of mj a day, you would get about 200 mg of THC and maybe 2 to 10 mg of CBD. So if you want to just try the amount of CBD typically consumed by mj users, a drop or two daily would accomplish that. But if you want the therapeutic dosages suggested by some sites, you would want much more and the price could get prohibitive. If the demand grows, there will be more effort put into developing mj plants with higher CBD. Hopefully, the price will eventually come down. But when all is said and done, you may still want all of the cannabinoids, including THC, to get the full benefit.
Don't buy fake weed or oil from Amazon. Its like buying a drug because its in a pill form just like Lyrica.

I've been gone for a while and was reading over this post. As a nightly mmj user, I'd like to respond to a couple of topics.

Here's my take on marijuana as a gateway drug. Its not. It may actually be the opposite. Back in my single days, I liked to go out drinking with my buddies. Sometimes we would drink too much and we would decide to do something else along with the drinking. If we chose mj, we would go home and smoke it and pass out shortly later. If, however, we decided to get some coke, (cocaine) we often stayed up for three days straight. The gateway drug in this scenario was alcohol. I never recall smoking pot and then deciding to do coke. I don't recall smoking pot and deciding to do ANY other drug. Is Dominos a drug?

Another gateway is the dealer themselves. When it was illegal to buy, a person had to visit their dealer to get the weed. The dealer may also be selling magic mushrooms as well. If you bought the mushrooms, it wasn't the pot that triggered the purchase, it was the dealer. When you buy pot legally, there is only ONE item to choose from - pot.

I agree that there needs to be consistent labeling and quality control when buying legal mj, but its not as vital as some seem to be professing (imo).
You aren't going to overdose and die, so that doesn't need to be a concern. I have only ingested too much when the mj was in an edible form and it really meant I slept thru an afternoon, which is a waste. Of course, now I know and it won't be repeated. As a consumer, make adjustments along the way.
Is it pure? Probably much purer than the GMO food we are all eating now, that for God knows what reason, companies aren't required to disclose.

That's it for now. On another subject.... I finally have a real Neurologist that seems to know what he's doing! Boy, the hope that comes when you get a dr that seems interested in your problems and actually listens to what you say is priceless!
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (07-28-2014), Joe Duffer (07-27-2014), KnowNothingJon (07-25-2014), shelbie4u (08-19-2014)