Old 07-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear Angell,

Congrats on the book. That is fantastic. Will you share the title with us when it hits the market so we can read it?

I have no idea of how your book will impact your claim. I do suggest honesty as the best policy because you do NOT want to lose credibility. That is also an important factor in the decision making process. One must be credible and your honesty gives you that.

Even though there is a difference between "earned" income and income that is NOT earned, what if someone were to win a large prize or a substantial amount in a lottery?

If someone plays a scratch-off ticket and wins say $20,000, does that negate their claim? Although you "earned" the money by writing a book, it is a little bit similar to a one time windfall, and may or may not be considered substantial gainful employment. I can't say. It IS different than a winning lottery ticket in that you DID earn the money.

My point in posting was mainly to say congrats. My only suggestion relating to your claim is be honest and therefore credible.

Best wishes to you.
I believe the OP's application is for SSDI, not SSI. SSDI does not consider financial matters unrelated to work, whereas SSI has strict rules on income limits and other resources.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote