View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiix View Post
It seems as we age, every few years the things we care about Shift. Maybe it's to preserve our sanity. We just can't keep worrying about EVERYTHING ad infinitum. I think we'd crack up. Maybe it's just Nature's way of getting rid of things that don't really matter so much anymore as when we were younger, like funtioning ovaries. who needs em??

That's a good way to describe it AMN, getting rid of the JUNK we don't need to be dragging around with us anymore. I said this to my sister a few years ago. She is 13 years older than me. I did ask her if the things you used to care about are changing and she said yes too.
It is junk. A lot of junk. I'm facing increased disability with MS and my priorities are very different from what I ever imagined, so much so, that I'm in a sea of confusion as to what actually matters to me. The only real decision I've made lately is that my brakes are due for maintenance, and I guess I should do it. Sheesh, it took all my mental energy to arrive at the obvious conclusion!

My friendships are changing, some are slipping away and I feel like it's because I just have nothing interesting to say anymore. I dunno, I've always been the energy source among my people, and I'm plumb wore out.

I still make plans and everything, it just seems like this is someone else's life.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom