View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayshealth View Post
To those who have had the pec minor release:

1. How long was the recovery?
2. Were you able to lift things after recovering? (I have a 1 year old so this is important to me!)
3. Were you able to exercise after recovery? Including strength train?
4. Did it help with your jaw/face pain??
5. Did it help with pain from pushing/pulling motions? (I find I have TONS of pain the day after I have pushed the stroller.)
I spent ten years doing PT to fix my bad posture. This surgery fixed it instantly. My shoulders are 3-4 inches back from where they used to be.

1. My recovery was awful. It is two weeks for everyone else before they can go back to work. I went back part time on hydrocodone at two weeks.
2. You probably won't be able to pick up your child for six weeks. I was on a ten pound weight restriction for six weeks. Try keeping candy corn on you at all times to bribe him/her into doing everything you ask.
3. Um, lower body? Sure.
4. No, a night guard worn every single night without fail helps me with this the most.
5. It's funny that you ask this. Pushing and pulling is what MY pec minor really only seemed to do except for to give me really bad posture. However, this was the one thing that I struggled with the most during recovery. Pushing a grocery cart was completely exhausting. I ended up sort of pushing it with my belly. Would be hard to do with a kid in the cart, lol, but you wouldn't be able to put the kid in the cart anyway.... Um, buy three months of groceries be forces surgery and you should be good.

Anyway, I think this is a fantastic surgery because the risks are so low with it. Try to strengthen your lower abs, obliques, and muscles on the back of your neck as much as possible before surgery.

I had surgery in December. I have a first rib resection and scalenectomy scheduled in September.
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote