View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear about the botox not working GingerandBella.

My physiatrist is pushing for me to try botox and sent me to the neurologist who does botox. The neurologist will do it, but said its 50/50 whether it'll work for me, since my head pain is not typical migraine. He says its very effective for migraines, but he's iffy on whether it will work for me.

I feel a bit suspicious about botox in general. I'm not afraid of needles, that part doesn't bother me, but the actual botox... I don't like the idea of that.

Its also expensive... even with the part that my plan covers, I'll still be out of pocket about $800 per treatment and will need 3 treatments before they can be sure whether it works or not. Seems like a big commitment.

But on the other hand, I've had constant head pain (6/10 is the best it gets - 9/10) for 2.5 years now with not a single moment of relief. I no longer remember what its like to live without head pain, so desperation is also a factor.

I've been sort of keeping botox as a last resort, but I've heard from other people that it doesn't work for them. So frustrating.

I'm so sorry its not working for you... I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe you'll get a miracle in the next few days.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GingerandBella (07-26-2014)