View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
For the last year I have had increasing bouts of muscle rigidity, pain and soreness. It is not constant in a 24/7 way, but in the last few months it has been daily flashes to daily burden in scope.

Typically, to get going a shower will set me in the right direction. Yesterday, I was worse off for it. I called into work, knocked off a few domestic obligations, pulled up the ottoman and was. Today is the same fate.

I take cheleated magnesium 250mgx2 am x1pm
I eat one organic banana aday because the potassium beats back the negative of the sugar
Water throughout the day
I stretch for at least an hour during the day (lunch plus a burgeoning group stretch) and I spend hours at night with self massage and stretching.
I walk 2 miles a day m-f round trip to my car.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon,
I have had such similar symptoms for 30+ years, I have gone the banana route and the vitamin route too. Mine will come and go, like a few months back, I was walking down a short stair and the right calf just blew out, I couldn't put weight on it for days. I though I had tore a tendon, but it just slowly got better. My calf muscles are over sized, but they are not strong, they are like big knots... Like you said, massage, damp heat will help, try getting a heating pad that you can wet the foam and this might give temporary relief.
Jon
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnowNothingJon (07-27-2014)