View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MRI w/ Lesion, Negative Lumbar Puncture

I was in the hospital last week for a myriad of symptoms (mostly right-sided, but occasional left side involvement). An MRI on the brain revealed a plaque in my left frontal lobe in the subcortical white matter, suspected to be demyelinating. Spine MRI tested negative. My IgG levels have all cme back in the normal range, but they seemed to decline with time while I was there from a borderline high reading. They told me that it's Clinically Isolated Syndrome, but are kind of holding out to rule everything out.

Lyme disease was ruled out. B12 cellular was ruled out. Magnesium sits around 2.0. Vit D was deficient, but they drew it after I'd been sitting in a hospital bed for 5 days straight. On top of that, my symptoms were getting better as I was in the hospital (they were giving me no supplements whatsoever, IV was only saline). No signs of dehydration upon intake (I asked). My LP came back normal in every category, zero OCB. IgG CSF index was at .5 (normal is .66). LDH was normal (14). EEG and EMG negative. They did find Thornwaldt cysts in the lumbar, thoracic, cervical, and brain MRIs.

I know I'm not crazy, my reflexes were noted as irregular. Positive Babinski on right side (which they were frustrated from because they had to try a dozen times just to get a reflex), positive Hoffman's, turns negative, then turns positive, all within a minute. Reflexes of right ankle didn't work, neither did the right wrist. This just can't be in my head. A couple more tests are pending (Acetylcholine receptor, binding, Angiotensin converting enzyme, CSF, Myasthenia Gravis, NMO). I have a Visual Evoked Potential test that needs to be scheduled.

I'm just so at a loss...
Pixie Perfect is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LoveCats (07-26-2014), SallyC (07-26-2014)