View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 12:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience. It's always magnified by the incredible stress one feels waiting for a diagnosis. Here is an exercise that might help you feel better: sit down and write a letter to the doctor and /or practice outlining why they treated you so terribly and that you deserve better.

Once I wrote a letter of complaint to a doctor (long story -- she was new to the practice and told me in the hallway with people walking by that I might have tumors on my ovaries and would have to have surgery)--it was a measly little ovarian cyst. Whoops! I cc-ed every doctor in the practice on my complaint!

Sometimes putting it on paper can help discharge the anger, fear, and sadness. And on occasion I have been known to send these letters off! A couple of times I got apologies by phone call from the doctor or head of practice. That won't always happen but it might! It can make you feel better just to vent in writing! And you control the situation -- you never have to mail if you don't want to.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-26-2014), Hockey (07-26-2014), LoveCats (07-26-2014), NurseNancy (07-26-2014), SallyC (07-26-2014)