View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wouldn't wish PCS on anyone but it's good to know we're not alone feeling how we do. This is the only place that understands

The majority of doctors don't understand. Judging by this forum anxiety is the common denominator with PCS. The cause is physical damage to the brain, how do I know that? Doh, because it arrived with the bang on the head doctor!

Fatigue is annoying, I'm usually wiped out by early evening making a social life difficult unless I have a good day. I think what has helped with my fatigue and anxiety is regular walking, slow in the early days then working up to brisk 2.5 Km. I have energy in the daytime now which I didn't have before.

I've now read that sleep disturbance and tinnitus are the last symptoms to resolve, I can't help feeling they are connected in some way. Re sleep I have no idea why I wake after 2 hours sleep, I wake up feeling really tired which after a minute or two wears off and I have to get back off to sleep again. This happens twice in the night, why twice? Maybe after I've finished a sleep cycle I wake instead of starting another? Anyway, here's something I read that fit's me to a tee...

"People with irregular sleep-wake syndrome usually sleep one to four hours at a time. They have several sleep sessions in a 24-hour period. The longest period of continuous sleep is typically between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m." source

The article suggests it's my circadian rhythm that is out of kilter. The Headway literature I was given mentions damage to a deep part of the brain that regulates hormones (including melatonin) so it ties in with fatigue. I've not found out how to fix this apart from going to bed and getting up out of bed the same time every day and strictly limiting time in bed. Another method might be flying to Australia to reset my body clock, but I heard 6-8 months mentioned regarding healing this part of the brain. I'll post any changes!
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GingerandBella (07-26-2014)