Thread: Scared, new
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Scared, new

Hello,

I am scared. Suffering with daily headache, imbalance, mental fog/heaviness, noise/screen sensitivity, anxiety after a freak injury to my head one month ago. Visited urgent care one week post injury, and was given .5mg ativan and Keterolac; and was told by the doc that my symptoms and the reinjury "may be a concidence." This is a freak re-injury to an area where I suffered a concussion in college (1997).

The hairstylist I saw on June 25 applied direct repeated pressure (5-6 times during 5 minute massage) with her thumbs to my old area of injury-- it was some kind of crazy pressure massage during the shampoo. I should have said, "please stop," but I didn't. Although it was causing discomfort, I had no idea it would result in what appears to be a brain injury.

Have an appointment on August 28th to see the neurologist I saw once in 1997, she was very good. I am not sure I can return to work (K-12 art teacher, full time).

I know that others on the forum are much worse off, but this is real and my truth and I am really suffering.
Thank you for reading. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
-Julia
JuliaBertha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (07-26-2014), Lara (07-26-2014)