View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nick,
Just checking in to see how you are doing.I know what a slow painful process it can be and I know you have been suffering. I am hoping for some good news. I had one suggestion for you. Lyrica is still brand only, at least that is what my pharmacy told me.. Companies DO NOT like bad reviews or experiences with their drugs splashed all over the internet. Contact the manufacturer directly and tell them of your experience, see what help they suggest for your suffering. Tell them of all the others you have encountered on forums, etc with similar issues.

One time, I put on a fentanyl patch for the first time and I had non stop vomiting.It was a weekend, my doc was away and I did not want
To go the ER clueless and gravely ill, not thinking clearly and I had no one to help me. I saw an 800 # on the packing for customer support. When I told the company what was going on, Theyt got me to a pharmacist who explained what was happening and why. He said I was one
of the rare ones that got this reaction. He said to take the patch off immediately and that I had two options, go to the ER and get treated via IV for vomiting and dehydration or stay home and try to sip water and take anti nausea meds. They even called later to see how I was doing because the half life was something like 18 hrs, so that was 18 hrs of vomiting. I was very impressed they checked back on me. Large pharm companies have deep pockets, ask for help, they have the resources.

Anyway, these companies need to hear these stories. From time to timeI get so angry that I have even given some thought to starting a class action suit against Pfizer because of what has happened to so many of us, those of us being made gravely ill and unable function even months off the drug. They should not be allowed to get away with this. We need to stop this from happening to others. Docs are writing scripts for this drug for lots of off label uses. I am not bashing the drug as it has really helped my neuropathy but people need to know that the withdrawal can be life altering. I have tried to get of it twice but it alters me so ill i cannot function. Getting on it was not easy either but, I was warned very clearly by my doc.

really do hope you are better....did you make the graduation? I hope so.
Take care, Diandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Hi , I think I've reached rock bottom with the Withdrawal and could do with some encouragement. Some people call it Hell and I've got to concur. I have got dreadful anxiety affecting Gut ,neck ,head in particular. Spasms in bowel seem to affect back of neck and cause spasms in scalp which create a burning pain on scalp that is very hypersensitive. Feel full of tension and can't relax . It's also affecting my TMJ with the muscle spasm.This is not me . Need to get my life back . Doc suggests dropping another 25 mg and upping diazepam for a week. Don't trust doc anymore as it was him who put me on it saying it would only make me a bit dizzy. Plse drop me a line . Anyone else had similar experience ? Only had TMJ problem before this drug.

Regards

Nick
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (07-27-2014)