View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default 2 months after concussion, only getting worse

I'm new on here, so I'll start with what happened and how I got a concussion in the first place.

I was in class and my friend and I both bend down at the same time to pick up the same thing--we smashed heads. I didn't think anything of it, had a slight headache but that was it. I went on with my daily routines and never had it occurred to me that it might be more serious than I had though.

About a week later, I was playing catch with my brother with a football. He threw it really hard and it hit the back of my head. I fell down and stayed down for a couple minutes. I didn't black out, but my head hurt pretty bad. I continued sprinting and except sizing that same day after I got hit because once again, I had no idea that this was serious either. The following week I still continued going on runs, going to class, going to work, and pushed through exams. I needed the marks to get into university and thought that getting good grades was the only important thing at the time.

A couple weeks later I was finished exams, and it was finally summertime. It was then that it hit me. My head hurt like hell, I would get stabbing pains all throughout my head, my ears would constantly ring, it felt like I was in a fog--not real. Life at all. I couldn't see straight, felt nauseous and dizzy. The only time I felt at all okay was when I payed down and did absolutely nothing. No cell phone, no tv, no reading or lights. It was hell.

I have taken almost a month off of work now. I went back yesterday for the first time, and I felt okay for the first 2 hours, and then it all hit me again. My symptoms all came rushing back and I had to leave. It felt like I was in a daze, and my head was pounding.

I am in such a bad place right now. I used to exercise everyday, and sitting doing nothing is complete torture to me. I don't know if I will have to quit my job or not, or if I should just work this upcoming month and attempt to push through it.... Does anyone have experience with working post concussion? Should I quit?

I feel like there is nothing to look forward to anymore. The doctor doesn't seem to be able to do anything either. I just want my life back, I'm going crazy with the way I am.
Maddie9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JuliaBertha (07-28-2014)