Thread: Hi folks
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kim, I have almost the exact same kinds of pain. Constant burning and electrical like, and random stabbing, cramping and aching pain. My rsd also started in my right hand, wrist and shoulder. I am also right handed unfortunately. I get all these pains in my right hand and wrist now, not so much my shoulder. But I do get the other kinds of pain in my right hand, wrist, shoulder, left hand and wrist, both feet and ankles and stomach. I don't understand why some pains are constant and some aren't but I do believe they are all because of my rsd spreading and my pm dr said it's possible. Being that I've had rsd for over two years now though (I have had it for almost four years now), my pm dr doesn't think there is much they can do, but is considering nerve blocks again to try to stop the spread. I want to try the IVIG trials too and will talk to my pm dr next time I see him. I've just had to deal with some other health problems first. I hope that you qualify for the IVIG trial if you want to do that and I hope it helps. I am scared to try the SCS and my pm dr doesn't think it will help after two years of having rsd anyway so that I guess is a mute point for me. I hope that your dr can help you to feel better. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that your rsd goes into remission with the help of your dr and a possible IVIG trial. Take care my friend and be well. Sincerely, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (07-30-2014), eevo61 (07-30-2014)