View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
I was on baclofen, 1-2 x 10 mg, but when I reported limited usefulness my neurologist discontinued it. Last Wednesday-Saturday were the exception, not the 'norm' of my muscle spasticity/rigidity issues. That being the case I find that 'flare ups' are happening more often and the 'norm' is different.

Doc, I am definitely looking into trigger points. I was trying a few things I found online along with annoying pay to see more resources. I don't begrudge people making money off their expertise. I do mind the bait and switch tactics that can take place. The internet can be so Mos Eisley.

I am fairly certain that the muscle issues play into some of my sleep issues. I'm learning to accept I can't do everything I want to depending on the day

Jon
My understanding is that it is often necessary to take a total of 30-60 mg. per day to reach an effective dose. It is possible that your neuro gave up too quickly. I did not really notice any help until I reached 3-10 mg. pills per day. Now I notice if I forget to take it.
I believe it helps with the rigidity and tightness as well as the frequency and strength of the muscle spasms, but my major reason for the doctor suggesting it were these rib cage squeezes that were happening very often, what MSers call "hugs". The Baclofen has helped a lot with those.
I have also never been able to do any of the yoga positions that required straightening the legs, not even as a child. The muscles in the back of my legs have always been tight, even though I was very flexible otherwise. Now I am finding that any position that twists my leg muscles off center even a little is painful and can lead to spasms.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote