View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
Thanks Sandy
Healthcare insurances must be a nightmare - it is an added pressure when you are not feeling in top condition. In the UK we dont have that problem but the waiting lists are horrendous and they are looking set to get worse with the spending cuts - lots of us are looking at private healthcare but as I have already been diagnosed I cant go private.
Thanks again for putting me at ease
Arlene
Dear Malawigirl08/Arlene: I've been a chronic pain sufferer for about a decade, and it's taken away most things worthwhile in life (including studies, career, ultimately my marriage). I'm originally from Canada, but based in Scotland (as I presume you are), and years with the pain unit at Edinburgh's Western General Hospital has done me no favours. I moved back to Canada for 1 1/2 years to look for 2nd opinions and found an effective "cure" for my condition, when a doctor there started combination lidocaine & ketamine infusions (45 minutes, once per month). I have been back in Scotland for OVER TWO YEARS, and I am STILL fighting to be allowed to continue this, the only truly successful treatment I've had (instead of problematic opiates). If you know of doctors in Scotland who are familiar and comfortable with this sort of therapy, would you PLEASE contact me? Perhaps I could make a request to be seen by them, instead of the doctors I've been dealing with, who have dug in their heels against such treatment, with pretty flimsy justification. I hope you still check this site (your post is now years old), and that this finds you in good health and humour! - Deryck
outaouais is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-30-2014)