View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We had a terrible thunderstorm with heavy rain here during the night...was afraid to look out at the garden this morning, but , the corn and staked tomatoes are still standing. Saturday , was able to get the rest of the fava patch planted (probably about 850 seeds altogether....it took many hours of spreading a walking path of old hay and then crawling along the path, poking a hole and planting a bean....You got to really appreciate something to put in that much work, but, we need the plants to collect tops for tinture. I got a lot of beans harvested this year, but things kept coming up that I missed picking tops (BUDS) when they were ready to harvest and dry...so the tincture supply is lower than usual) Had no more room in the lower garden area where the spring planting had been that I'd tilled.Was unable to dig in wet ground from the previous rain...so am sprouting the rest of the seeds for fava humus...tastes great
FAVA HUMUS: soak fava beans 24 hrs/ rinse well/ then rinse 3 times a day for 3 days
*I leave them in my colander
Then peel the skin off/ rinse well / steam for about 8 minutes (til able to chew) Grind the steamed beans into flour consistency and make humus by adding crushed garlic to taste/ lemon juice to taste/salt/and any spices you would like and olive oil or coconut oil to make spreadable ..use like dip for chips or on bread.
Raises l-dopa level too! So don't eat too much at a time (has to go thru digestion first, so you won't notice for several hours, may give more support the next day )

Last edited by Aunt Bean; 07-28-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: addition
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote