View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Crazy Hello from a confused and scared man...

Hello,
I'm glad to find this forum and hope someone more educated than myself has the patience to read my post and shed some light on my situation.

I'm a 37 year old male with no family history of neurological diseases (plenty of heart disease but no neuro). Side note I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) dating back 20 years. I'm not overweight and like to consider myself healthy, except...

One year ago I ended up in hospital after an intense hockey game because I felt terrible; high blood pressure, headache/temple pain,dizziness, chest pain and heart palpitations throughout my body. They checked me out and sent me home basically saying "***** happens, but your fine". I was pretty stressed before the game so I'm blaming the event on that, even though the doctors didn't acknowledge the possibility.

Several weeks later while sitting at work in front of the computer the left side of my face went numb,"this is odd" I thought to myself. It persisted but didn't get worse until a few days later until it was my entire face, left hand, and legs. Next thought was "WTF is going on!!". I got up to walk and my legs felt like jello, I was getting dizzy spells, and just a feeling of being off balance (felt like my legs lost all coordination). Even looking at moving bath water made me woozy. One doctor said it was vertigo and gave me a prescriptions, it didn't help. My family doctor sent me to a neuro, did an MRI and EMG, both fine except "white matter" on the MRI which apparently is common but wasn't explained more than that. So I'm a couple months in with these symptoms and still no diagnosis. I even went to an ENT to check my inner ears, this was fine also.
Fast forward 8 months and things have gotten a little better on their own, great. Still get the symptoms but much lighter to the point I can shrug it off.

However a month ago more symptoms started, sigh tight chest, back and rib pain, difficulty breathing (feels like I need to yawn but can't and feel like it need to work harder to breath), twitching in my left pectoral and sometimes my eye, tenderness when touching other muscles...

So now I'm full on scared because of the new symptoms. Twitching and breathing problems from ALS? Muscle pain from MS? My irritable bowel mutated into my nervous system...haha(yes I try to keep the humor)
But what is wrong with me?? Is this all stressed induced or is there a problem.

Both my family doctor and neuro are on vacation so I either go the hospital or wait...I was once a calm guy, but now my nerves run rampant and get emotional about my health very easily (mostly because I have a 2 year old and another one the way).

Forgot to mention that a year before my initial symptoms (so 2 years ago) I had a few light head injuries and whiplash that didn't ramp up to much... Unless it's coming out now.

In summary I feel like crap but am trying to stay active; hockey and light biking.

I would really appreciate any constructive comments, opinions or suggestions.

Paul
Paul77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-29-2014)