View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sciatica/Neuropathy

Thank you, again, Lara. I'm now investigating a medication prescribed for neuropathy...e.g., Garapentin. My neurologist called me today...lab reports came back as "normal" (whatever that means related to neuropathy!). We discussed the pros and cons of taking medication. My neurologist is one who believes in "less is best". He asked me if I would describe my condition as just a "nuisance"...or, something that is quite painful. I told him that sometimes, I would describe it as a "nuisance"...but, there are times when it is quite painful. I guess I will have to make a choice...thus, my reason for asking about the Garapentin....what results, if any, anyone has had who has used it...what side effects, etc. Or, something else that they have used that has proved helpful. I have started some research on the internet...but, I'd prefer to hear from those who have actually used Garapentin...or, whatever other medication they have used that has proved beneficial. I am always reluctant to take any medication and I am tending to just "live with it"...to just view it as a nuisance. Any input anyone can give me will be much appreciated. Thank you...Virginia Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote