View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also - "What do you tell other people" (not family and friends). Like clerks, sales associates, teachers at your kids school etc. This is an invisible injury after all.
summer, 2011 - metal rail, the life-changing concussion. Black out for ~10 minutes, spent ~2weeks in bed (wasn't able to even use a bathroom by myself). Made a complete recovery in 2 months.
October, 2011 - washer door again. Recovered in 1 months.
March, 2012 - kitchen cabinet again. Suicidal depression. Was diagnosed with OCD. Severe anxiety. Was completely recovered in 4 months, celexa is a magical pill.

After that I managed to go almost 1.5 years without a concussion! Was at a completely symptom-free stage, started volunteering at my kids' school again. I was living a happy life. Then,

August, 2013 - fell down the stairs, broke my ankle badly (my surgeon said that he literally has never seen anything that bad ever before and he's been practicing for more than 20 years).
September, 2013 - my son was hugging me and we bumped into each other. Result - complete return of all of my symptoms., no improvement with time. Severe depression again.

7/7/2014 - hit my self on a metal shelf again while trying to clean.

I'm not clumsy. It's just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies and the wall gets in the way.
Marina22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote