Thread: O/T Groceries
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 04:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Stupid kitchen mistakes... :)

Some of you may remember that I love to fish. That is my favorite thing to do when I feel like it.

Quite a few years back, while my husband was working one night, I went to the lake and caught a nice, big catfish off of the bank... I came home, thinking I could put it in the bathtub in water and it would live until he could get home to clean it...NOT. It started turning blue, I guess because it couldn't handle the chlorinated water and maybe could not get enough oxygen...

OK. What to do here??? I took it outside and tried to kill it to death, by cutting off the head... I was bawling my eyes out and apologizing to the fish, because this is NOT a humane way to kill a fish, if you don't know what you are doing, and I sure did not know what I was doing.

Finally, with an electric knife, I was able to get the job done, so thought I would fry myself some catfish, which I could hardly even stand the thought of doing, since we had had such a close personal relationship...

Anyway, it tasted terrible when I fixed it... My husband arrived about that time and took one look at my culinary creation and about died laughing... I had never cleaned a fish before in my life, and didn't know that with catfish, you also have to skin them... Yuk... You cannot imagine how awful catfish unskinned tastes...

That has been quite a while back. We have a deal now though, he cleans, I cook...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote