View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 10:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dr. Annest did my bilateral pec minor release assisted by Dr. Sanders. Dr. Donahue is familiar with Pec Minor Syndrome.

They were going to do the bilateral scalenectomy and first rib resection later, after they saw me, they decided both were needed. But this was cancelled.

Now I have a left side first rib resection and scalenectomy scheduled with Dr. Donahue.

Yes, my symptoms are bilateral.

I am NTOS and some ATOS. I think if you have ATOS surgery is recommended. I'm not waiting for the inevitable blood clot to randomly break free.

My pushing/pulling strength is just fine.
The Pec minor is absolutely not needed to do any movement. Other muscles will take over what it did for you. Don't even worry about this. You will have fantastic posture. It will actually be uncomfortable when you try to slouch for several months, and you will want yo sit up straight because, really you can't slouch, lol, I guess that is the only movement you vacant do without this.

Wall push ups, done slowly should help build up the rhomboids and improve posture.

My middle, ring, and pinky fingers started to come alive again, no longer numbed following the pec minor release. I didn't even know I didn't have full feeling in all of my fingers until after this. It was hard to push a grocery cart following this surgery. I don't remember, lol, but I think I wandered aimlessly through stores following this surgery. I went to the store to buy just one or two things several times a week. Rhonda, it makes sense that wasting occurs and then cramps.
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote