View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi

LOL re mice. HUGE fear of mine too. When I read the article and thought about a swollen paw and temperature change, I felt bad for the little things. LOL. If one was in my house, as they have been before, I totally freak. I leave actually. HA HA.

Thanks for your thoughts and reply. I feel like for some of us, with additional diseases and issues (celiac, fibro etc) that this autoimmune part might be pretty significant to RSD. I do agree with you your research thoughts, really all of them!! Sorry about your repeated trauma, injury that led to this. I never had any luck with nerve blocks either so far. I know some have good success. I think the "operator" so to speak may have a lot to do with it, the doc needs to be skilled. But it seems some people just take to them better than others. The neck stabbing, yes, scary. LOL. Been there, hated that.

I can top that. 20 some years ago before they knew much of anything about RSD, I went to a TOP HOSPITAL that did nerve blocks on me. Only issue is - with raging RSD, they did the blocks, 3 of them....directly into my RSD affected area. It was the most traumatic event I have ever had probably. My leg blew up like twice the size, blood spurting out, pain worse than anything I can comprehend. AND having to go back and do it again - major trauma and drama. It still haunts me. Anyway, here is to hopeful treatments, good research and less pain for us all.

Thanks again for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalaide View Post
The research is encouraging and hopefully will lead to more effective treatments. I think hope of a cure is a little far fetched right now, since at this point many research teams have been spending years looking into cures for autoimmune diseases with very little progress. On the other hand, once the first team cracks it for the disease they're working on it will be so much easier for the rest. But it can certainly get us better understanding and better relief while we wait for that time and that is very hopeful.

For me this didn't start with surgery, but with repeated trauma to the same area over and over and over... until this happened. It was a fall, but a fall that left me with a sprained ankle and in need of crutches and kept happening every 2-3 months, and this after a severe nerve injury to that leg several years prior. I'm not sure that qualifies as just a fall at that point. I did get a really bad flare with an injection though, which is the last time I'll ever let someone do a neck-stabbing to try to relieve my pain. The pain was worse for several days than it had ever been before.

I still don't feel sorry for mice. Maybe that makes me a horrible person but I grew up on a farm and they were a serious nuisance. We also had one in our house a few months ago that led to some chair standing, some screaming, and some being poked fun of by my husband. I don't like the things.
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-30-2014)