Thread: New!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

One other quick note:

My IgG "totals" are not the problem, it's the subclasses. So just because your total IgG is over 750, doesn't mean you won't qualify for IVIG. My total was over the 750 threshold, but I'm deficient in 3 of the 4 subclasses...that's the problem. I have an added problem of serious drug reactions with EVERY antibiotic drug class, so treating infections is not only difficult, but dangerous. But you don't need this added antibiotic problem to qualify for IVIG under hypogammaglobulinemia, or selective IgG deficiency. You can actually get it with just one subclass low (a bit hard though) if you can document repeated infections.

Doesn't sound like your subclasses have been checked...and they should be. If you are that low on the reference range for a total, then certainly one or more of your subclasses are low.

I would have that done before your next appointment if you can get your PCP or someone to order the simple lab.

As for GI: Not only is the after 6 rule good, but making your 'big' meal at lunch time and smaller meal at dinner works even better...especially during flares or difficult times. Just a thought. During flares/increased problems I grind up food, swap large meal to mid day and do everything else on the list as well. There is meds like Reglan in the US but STAY away from them...horrible permanent side-effects/movement disorders can occur.

I'd be interested if you let me know how you appt goes and to keep me updated if any of these things help you.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Amr1151 (07-29-2014)