View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbluis View Post
Summer,

We know how exasperating getting a diagnosis can be. I forgot to answer your LP quetion.

No, an LP does not indicate spinal lesions; an LP tests for oligoclonal bands

Here's info from Wikipedia:

"For the analysis of cerebrospinal fluid, a patient has a lumbar puncture performed, which collects some of his or her cerebrospinal fluid.

Each of the two to five oligoclonal bands seen by protein electrophoresis represent proteins (or protein fragments) secreted by plasma cells..."

To look for spinal lesions, yes, MRIs must be done. Depending on your physical symptoms, you may need MRIs from the C-spine (Cervical lesions generally affect the area above your shoulders, your arms, wrists and hands), your T-spine (Thoractic lesions can indicate lesions that affect your chest muscles and abdominal muscles regions)

The L-spine (Lumbar - affects the leg muscles), and the S-spine. (Sacral - bowel, bladder and sexual function) have less common MRIs.

See: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/spine_picture.shtml

ah ok. Yes that makes sense.

Another question then.

How do you know what to bring up with the dr?
I have some incontinence issues but I also had a 8.9 and 10.7 lb baby. and have some prolapse that contribute to that.
I have a degenerate disk in my s1 vertebrae so I have had nerve pain in my right leg and back pain for years.
Do these need to be brought up?

I have swelling (or what feels like swelling) in my legs and feet and have been told that would be from hashimotos.

I just wrote them down in my journal last night to bring up but I don't want to bring up stuff that might sound like ms and it not be. I feel like I should let my body speak for itself for the new tests.
summerjc07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote