View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Eight, thanks a ton!!!

I really appreciate you & all the others who go out of their way to share helpful information. I am just kicking myself as to why I didn't go with my gut & start on the TOS treatment path years back when I sort of thought I had this (based on discussions here & elsewhere) and instead waited like an prize donkey for a dr to finally tell me.

My big issue in India is that we seem to be great at process work but not really at the "whys" - this means solutions aren't there for complex stuff. I now understand the need for social security.
But enough cribbing.

I am going to methodically work through whatever you noted. A few questions.

-Since I had a whiplash accident, I am betting my scalenes are scarred & thats the first level of compression, can deep tissue work (myofascial etc) help with this?

- Wont stretching the scalenes pull the first rib up? Stoxen seems to say this is an issue

- Botox - would steroidal injections work likewise? I found a few pain mgmt folks who work with steroids/pain killers, Botox seems to be rare. :(

- Can I get trigger point injections, do these work?

- Also can I use a foam roller for my upper back versus a ball? The tennis ball in a sock method keeps flopping for me - i drop it all the time.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote