View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Birte !!! Xxx

GREAT to see you back.Have missed you.
Thanks to both you and Chasmo for your responses. By the way,my 2nd example was fictitional..my hujbby didn`t say that to me.[Just had to make that clear...doh]

Another confusing scenario can arise in the change from spontaneity ..to we PD ers having to plan a little more.This may not always be the situation but personally,I know that somedays I don`t stand a hope in hell of just "springing into acton" at a request to "go shopping" or "going out for an evening"
This one is tough on our partners because yes...to a degree the drudge of planning might negate the fun of the outing.
So...if the response to a suggestion like the above exacts a response from your PD `er such as;
" Can`t we go another day"
or
"How long will we be?"
or even silence
then it probably means;

"I would love to but I need to know if there are loos there..."
"I have to think about my next medication time"
"I don`t want to be "off" in the middle of town"

and the silence could just be us silently planning if we have the stamina
to cope.

I know that I have made excuses galore in the past when asked if I want to go to a concert,or see a film.
My first thought is "how long will it last" as I know for certain I couldn`t sit or stand through a 3 hour concert with ease.

I now politely refuse and explain that my condition would not be conducive to such an event if the length of the entertainment is going to be a problem.
It is kinder to our carers to be upfront...not saying that many of you aren`t but I know that for years I invented excuses which didn`t ever ring true.

It is also confusing when we are suddenly "off" and "on".
One minute capable,the next comatose.
What is THAT all about?
Well...quite simply it`s about Parkinsons disease. Period .
I have been in a situation where one minute I am swinging hedgecutters as if they are made of air..the next minute I can`t lift a knife to butter bread.

So so frustrating .But sadly so true of this illness.

Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote