View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 06:22 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Gabapentin relieved my pain, but the dose had to be increased every month or two, as I quickly grew tolerant of it. By the time I was at 600mg x 4 daily, I was cranky and walking around in a cloud and spaced out feeling. I'm presently taking a low dose of Nortriptyline, (anti-depressant) which I've been able to tolerate better. That too, hasn't helped with the pain part much. Your Neuro should give you no problems prescribing it, if you want to try it out. Also been using a Capsaicin cream on the bal of my feet, which helps, but some are saying now, that it may prevent healing. Dr has been trying me out on Tramadol, up to 50mg x 3 daily. I've only been taking 1 - 50 mg pill 3 x a week and does a pretty fair job of relieving the pain for up to 10 hours for me, during the day. Only trouble with Tramadol is that it can become habit-forming, so am hesitant to use daily. At least I know I can pretty much count on decent days when I take one. I have almost no pain or discomfort at night, so far, thankfully, which may be due to the Nortriptyline. I "came down" with Neuropathy about 3 1/2 years ago, but didn't get diagnosed or take meds for it for more than a year. I got tired of the "folded sock" feeling

my Nortriptyline side effects: A bit of constipation, sweat more easily, some nervousness, initially. Tramadol side effects at one daily: a bit lightheaded initially, but not so much after having taken it a half dozen times or so.

Last edited by groucho; 07-30-2014 at 07:47 AM.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (07-30-2014)