View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well that didn't take long I dont want to feel like that again, Back to Day 1 for me. The very brief euphoria of alcohol is soon replaced by misery, at least for me, and I have demonstrated that over and over. So anyway, back at it. Now here is a question: Does anyone have access to the study I have mentioned, and others, about how PN symptoms from alcohol abuse get worse before they get better in many cases? The study noted that a "peeling back" process continues even tho alcohol use has stopped. For the life of me, I can not find the study , I have looked at Google Scholar and Pubmed.gov. Can not find it, and I would like to for obvious reasons: I want to see if I can find anything similar and I want to find out who did the study and try to contact them. Now that I have re-embraced abstinence after more "field research" as they say in the program, I suppose it really doesnt make much difference, but I would sure like to understand this better. How can you have a mild case of alcohol induced PN and have it get worse with a year of abstinence?? makes no sense to me. I know many of you get frustrated as I do, but does it actually get worse for you in total abstinence? I didnt think that was supposed to happen unless the symptoms are very severe.

Thanks!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (07-30-2014)