View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj430 View Post
I was diagnosed with vascular TOS a few months ago after I had a blood clot and will be getting the surgery (to remove the first rib and some scalene muscle) at NYU on Aug 18. My surgeon informed me that I would need a week of bed rest and he expects full range of motion in my left arm in 6 weeks with physical therapy 3/4 times a week.

I have a fairly demanding job in advertising and planned on taking a week off post surgery, working from home for one week, and then heading to the office after 2 full weeks.

I'm 24 years old and in good health. I have mild shoulder pain now, but the surgery is a preventative measure to prevent blood clots in the future. Could anyone provide realistic expectations for recovery based on previous experience?

*I've been reading this forum for a few weeks - thank you to everyone and all of their advice!
It is possible ,but can be little tough. I went to work (in medical office)after 3 weeks. They put you in weird position during the surgery and I had back pain because of it for 3 weeks. It was difficult to sit for 3 weeks in an hour you want to lay down and relax plus pain from the surgery. You will have to be on meds, but it is not impossible. Yana you can call me **
YanaO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote