View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
My friend was diagnosed with a.n.a.l cancer and has had chemo, radiation, and is left with pain and brittle bones and no appetite. I am looking for a support group for her.

Since a.n.a.l cancer is pretty rare; might be pretty difficult to find a support group dealing with that issue.

September 2012 will be two years since a 3" cancerous tumor was discovered on my rectum during a Colonoscopy. I have had rectum removed. Since tumor was at the top of rectum, muscle was able to be attached to remaining colon as well as "that area", I do not have a bag.

But since "that area" (omitting the word since sometimes certain words, etc. are deleted) is handling more than it was meant to and am often in quite a bit of pain internally, as well as externally. I do fear there is a good chance this will eventually turn cancerous as well.

Your friend might be better able to find a support group dealing with rectal cancer since the two areas are so closely related and issues can have some similarity and concerns.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-05-2014), lefthanded (07-31-2014)