View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markneil1212 View Post
why would all of us give up our lives the way they were for no reason? i am guilty of denying in the past too. i had a friend who had depression and went to the hospital and i said he was a baby. until depression hit me and no one believed. now it's the same thing with the head injury stuff. i will always give people the benefit of the doubt if they say they are sick from something.
well said Mark. no one would chose PCS. it's a special kind of torture. during my worst days i tried to remind myself i didn't have to like it or try to look on the bright side (b/c i couldn't--i cried for hours at a time)... i just had to endure it. i was also so unsympathetic to folks with mental/emotional challenges (just get more exercise, get outside, get a job you love, quit moping!) since i've always been pretty happy and things come easily to me. i wish i could undo the accident, but since i can't, i think it's teaching me to be kinder to others, and more gentle with myself (well, gotta credit my therapist for the last part, that was his idea).
underwater is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote